Posted in Career Best Practices
With a healthy job market, you might think, "Why would I need to work with a recruiter?"
It's a fair question – and one we'd love to answer. Here are just a few ways recruiters can help you find the right job fast and excel in your career:
- Solve the "chicken and egg" conundrum. Looking for that first job out of school? Even with a great education under your belt, employers may view you as inexperienced – making it harder for you to get your foot in the door. A recruiter will:
- pair you with opportunities that are ideal for entry-level candidates;
- offer assignments to help you build your skills, rapidly broaden your knowledge base, gain experience and make yourself more marketable;
- present your skills and talents to employers, so they don't automatically discount you if you're light on experience.
- Tap the hidden job market. Your recruiter can connect you with jobs you won't find on the big job boards. When working with a recruiting or staffing service, many companies do not advertise on their own. As a result, many top job opportunities are available exclusively through employment agencies like PrideStaff!
- Get to work fast. Tired of spinning your wheels trying to find a good job that matches your experience, skills, personality and career goals? Recruiters can offer you temporary assignments to get you working quickly, while keeping an eye out for direct positions that may also be right for you.
- Get valuable career guidance. If you're a recent graduate or want to make a career change, you may be unsure of exactly how to best use your talents. As employment experts, recruiters can help you critically examine your skills, training and experience to identify the right opportunities for you. In addition, your recruiter can help you hone your resume and interview skills, to better prepare you for that first big break.
Tips for building a win-win relationship with your staffing recruiter:
Once you've applied, use these tips to get the most from your employment agency:
- Understand the staffing firm's policies and expectations. Make sure you know and follow the agency's procedures for checking in and updating your availability. Find out how, and how often, you can expect to hear from your recruiter, as well as how to get feedback on assignment performance, job interviews and more.
- Be honest about your goals, interests and needs. The better your recruiter understands who you are and what you want, they better equipped they'll be to match you with the right opportunity.
- Make the most of every temporary assignment. Follow the tips in this post to maximize every opportunity you have through your staffing firm.
Working with a PrideStaff recruiter is free – and great for your career.
PrideStaff will help ensure that you just don’t search, but succeed. We offer a wide range of temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire administrative jobs, professional jobs, IT jobs and light industrial jobs. So what are you waiting for? Contact your local PrideStaff recruiter today!