Posted in Career Best Practices
Where do people look when they're on the job hunt?
What online job boards and social sites are most popular among job seekers?
How can you connect with the right candidates – right when they're seeking job opportunities?
We have the answers you need. PrideStaff recently conducted an online survey to gauge job seeker behavior and job search trends across the U.S. The survey was completed by nearly 900 individuals, across a wide range of ages and education levels.
Here is a quick summary of where candidates are looking, from PrideStaff's 2015 Job Search Survey:
Q: Which of the following tactics did you use when conducting your latest job search?
- Nearly three-quarters (73.5%) of respondents used online job boards during their last job search.
- Staffing and recruiting firms are the second most popular job search tool. Roughly 70% of individuals worked with an employment agency or recruiter to help them identify the best employment opportunities and accelerate their search for work.
Q: Which online job boards did you use in your most recent job search?
- 73.2% used Indeed.com
- 66.8% used CareerBuilder.com
- 51.1% used Monster.com
Q: Which social media sites did you use to help with your most recent job search?
- Sites of choice include Craigslist (37.0%), followed closely by LinkedIn (36.9%).
- Although nearly one-third of job seekers did not use social media in their last job search, social platforms are still considered a viable search vehicle.
Improve Your Recruiting Results by Partnering with PrideStaff
PrideStaff uses a sophisticated recruitment model to connect you with the right talent:
- We post to a variety of job boards (major and niche; national and local) to ensure your job listings appear where top candidates search most often.
- We invest heavily in online recruitment to ensure your jobs get in front of the right candidates at the right time.
- We are active on social media to increase candidate applications and high quality referrals.
Whether your needs are temporary or direct, entry level or professional, PrideStaff uses the right mix of recruiting tools to shorten your search – and deliver better results. Contact your local PrideStaff office to learn more.