Date Posted: November 1, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 136427
The primary scope of this position is to be responsible for moving office furniture and coordination operating systems of appliance, carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance for the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review standards and operating procedures for improved and more efficient facility.
- Communicate with Facilities Supervisor on needs and/or issues.
- Follow-up on all work requests for repairs.
- Ensure that maintenance supplies are completed/ordered by scheduled deadlines to maintain smooth flow of operations.
- Responsible for repairs on all assigned work orders.
- Responsible for all assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintain compliance and standards for each work order completed.
- Maintain consistency with specifications and local state codes.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components.
- Examine appliances for mechanical defects and disassembles appliances.
- HVAC, maintain and regulate heating and cooling to maintain comfortable temperatures in an office.
- Inspect and repair leaks.
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
High School Diploma or GED required. Two (2) or more years experience. Electrical repair, minor automotive repair, small engine repair, carpentry, painting, exterminating, construction, minor plumbing and HVAC maintenance.
For positions requiring driving while on the job, employees are required to provide their own transportation with required liability insurance for that vehicle, in the employee's name. Must have a valid driver's license. Certification in One (1) or more of the following: Appliance, Carpentry, Plumbing or Electrical.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to prepare basic correspondence. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Intermediate math skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have basic knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Speaks clearly and professionally in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification.
Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar.
Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Treats people with respect and dignity; Works with integrity and ethically upholds Agency's mission and values.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. Additionally, the employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift items from the floor up to 75 pounds, reach overhead and to the floor.
The work environment is that which is typical of a warehouse setting. The noise level in the environment is usually loud noisy.