Salary: $20/hr to $22/hr D.o.E.
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 237784
PrideStaff is looking for a Production Supervisor for one of our clients in Hillsboro!
Our client, located in Hillsboro, Oregon since 1977, is now one of North America’s fastest growing equipment manufacturers. They use the Japanese concept in manufacturing which is based on the concept of “Kaizen” or “constant improvement.” They have dared to be different with their two brand strategies of Affordable Excellence and Designer Friendly.
This position is responsible for managing and directing production activities for the assigned team(s) and/or build areas. The Supervisor will coordinate the production of dental equipment and/or components on the line including training, employee coaching/performance evaluation, monitoring and achieving on-time delivery targets and ensuring goods meet all quality standards, as outlined by the Quality Management System.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates job expectations to team members including planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Enforces companies systems, policies and procedures.
- Orientates and trains new employees including providing timely feedback and evaluating employees progress.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring and setting pace to meeting daily and weekly demand.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting results.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Has been trained and can properly use the 8D problem solving process.
- Follows all processes and procedures related to the materials system including the Kanban system, production order process and Lean processes.
- Uses proper lifting techniques and follows safe work procedures at all times.
- Builds product as needed to support Production goals, following all company build processes and standard work procedures in terms of accuracy and quality.
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs.
- Cross-train worker teams for maximum production flexibility.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and training skills, with the ability to explain written and oral procedures in English. Ability to read and comprehend written procedures in English.
- Ability to suggest continual improvements to team output in accordance with these principles and procedures.
- Excellent time management practices.
- Maintains focus on customer in all tasks and guides department to maintain customer focus
Education and/or Experience
- 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience in an industrial environment or related field, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Experience working and/or implementing LEAN manufacturing processes preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Pay $20.00/hr to $22.00/hr D.o.E.