Date Posted: March 23, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 244269
Growing company in Charlotte seeking Diesel Mechanic.
The Diesel Mechanic is responsible for performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work.
Diesel Mechanic – Responsibilities
- Perform basic Preventive Maintenance (PM) for diesel and gasoline engines.
- Cleaning, visual inspection and removal of parts and attachments
- Diagnose malfunctions, service and repair medium and heavy duty trucks, but not limited to brakes, electrical, cooling, fuel, exhaust and various issues on many makes and models of tractors and trailers.
- Install, replace, rebuild or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to OEM specifications.
- Knowledge of fuel types, diesel powered machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Capable of kneeling, bending, stooping, lying while performing maintenance duties.
MUST PROVIDE OWN TOOLS
Diesel Mechanic - Qualifications:
- Associates degree diesel institute
- Vocational or Technical certification required
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug tests and background checks.
Compensation $16-20/hr based on experience.
Hours: 20 hours minimum per week.
- First shit – 7:30AM – 4:00 PM.
- Partial second shift – 3:00 PM - ? depending on work scheduled
- Saturday, first shift only – 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM