Salary: $13.00 - $14.30/hour
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 245733
Performs a variety of routine and clerical material handling activities, including picking, counting, packaging, shipping, receiving, and distribution of material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands First In and First Out technique
- Transports materials to and from work areas and stores them in designated locations.
- Receives, unpacks, and verifies incoming shipments and routes to appropriate location.
- Verifies quantity and condition of materials and ensures appropriate documentation.
- Inspects, reports, and documents shortages and/or other errors to appropriate lead.
- Weighs, counts, packages and labels materials.
- Package and prepare materials for shipping.
- Run area specific equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge material replenishment pull systems.
- Good math skills including understanding of alphanumeric sequences.
- Ability to support transfer and sub-transfer activity using FIFO practices.
- Ability to cross-train to become proficient on a variety of material handling tasks and equipment types.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work load, demonstrate initiative and meet quality standards.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions; Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Core Values.
- Ability to effectively use and apply company approved software, office, and warehouse equipment to complete job-related tasks.
- Good attendance, punctuality, and ability to perform work activities in a manner that is consistent with Company policy.
Work takes place in a fast-paced manufacturing work environment. All work activity performed while walking or standing. Ability to frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs. individually and more with assistance. Work involves daily deadlines, interruptions, and overtime when needed to support customers.
Mon-Thurs 345pm-215am, $13.00-$14.30 (depending on experience)
Mon-Thurs 445am-315pm, $13.00-$14.30 (depending on experience)