Date Posted: January 11, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 253983
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment. Assist in building/fabricating equipment and structures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, welder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Fabricates equipment and/or equipment parts.
- Repairs electrical equipment
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school;
- A year to two years related experience and/or training.
- Able to trouble shoot and repair all process and supportive equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Must know lockout/tag out and hot work permits procedures.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to follow Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's).
- Must have a valid state driver’s license or the ability to obtain one.
- Maintain an updated forklift drivers license (renewable every two years).
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.