Date Posted: March 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 254891
CMM Operator – Production – Manufacturing – Machinist - Inspections
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator Needed!
Job Purpose: To effectively prioritize and complete CMM inspections to ensure acceptable compliance to customer requirements.
FULL TIME-SECOND SHIFT- $15 - $18/hr!
- Perform and complete part inspections needed to support the production department needs.
- Prioritize daily inspection activities appropriately taking in to consideration manufacturing schedules, urgency of the job, and effective use of manufacturing and CMM machine time.
- Responsible for daily upkeep and condition of CMM equipment and accessories.
- Perform CMM and other inspection needs as directed within the quality department.
- Responsible for seeing that probes are in good working condition and are in calibration.
- Must work with all colleagues within the quality department to see that the production department’s quality needs are met during any employee absences, award times, or overtime needs.
- Responsible for reporting any damage or failure of any machinery or equipment that occurs during their shift to the Quality Control Supervisor, CMM programmer, and all other operators so they are aware of the current condition of the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining the CMM request log during the shift.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing quality improvements as directed.
- Responsible for performing CMM requirements for PPAP as directed.
- Responsible for communicating any shift problems to the next operator.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and availability of the quality department’s master print file during their shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to read and comprehend geometric tolerance and dimensioning
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic math skills including knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, and statistics.
- Experience with problem solving tools
- Familiarity with ANSI standards and compliance
- Familiarity with ISO/TS standards and compliance
- Familiarity with English and Metric systems of measurement and the ability to perform the conversions between the two
- Familiarity with machining processes and machine shop practices
- At least 18 years old and can provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and/or drug screen
At PrideStaff, we recognize and appreciate our team member’s hard work and enthusiasm! Therefore, we are proud to offer the Administrative Assistant a comprehensive benefits package!
Benefits available to PrideStaff employees include:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Coverage
· Competitive Salary
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!