Date Posted: March 20, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 258834
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our Plano based client in search of an entry level staff accountant with 0-2 years of experience to join their growing team. This is an agile environment and a degree is required! If you a recent graduate who is targeting an opportunity to gain accounting experience in a fun and dynamic company...this could be the role for you!!!!!!
Fantastic Culture! Onsite Gym! Competitive Salary & Benefits! Direct Hire! Growth Potential!
- Prepares internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system, the operating property, and from other internal departments.
- Maintains and balances the general ledger system by inputting and downloading data; making journal entries; obtaining and verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifies information.
- Prepares general ledger entries and maintains records and files; reconciles accounts include bank reconciliations.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling vendor accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting financial information.
- Provides accounting support by reviewing and interpreting financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements. (Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Leases, etc)
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Other tasks assigned as necessary
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Desire to grow and learn within a large accounting department for a publicly traded company.
- Eager to learn and master accounting best practices and help the department meet deadlines.