Salary: $16.50 to $24.00 Depending on Experience
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 260501
Machine Operator; Paper Products
Our client is the Northwest’s largest independent corrugated box manufacturer with a well-deserved reputation for producing the very best in packaging products. From custom shipping containers to retail packaging, from stock boxes to in-store displays, from creative design to same day delivery service - no one is more capable than our client at providing the packaging solutions business needs.
The Machine Operator works in a team environment on a variety of machines, work centers and production lines based on training, skills and experience. Management will work with the Machine Operator to define production levels and project goals on a daily and weekly basis. The Machine Operator is supported by a crew of co-workers engaged in the production process and will ensure the smooth coordination of the team effort in reaching objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform efficient set up and run of corrugated products on specialty folder gluer/ Flexo folder gluers\Die-cutters meeting standard monthly machine metrics.
- Perform quality checks for first article and in process QC.
- Maintain proper documentation and computer entries for each production job.
- Promote high quality standards and ensure that all products meet customer expectations.
- Train other employees to assist and learn to operate as specified by the Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work center that meets company 5S standards.
- Ensure the safety of all crew members.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years Experience In Machine Operation in one of or all of the following types of machines:
- Platen Diecutter
- Flexo Folder-Gluer
- Rotary Diecutter
- Highest level of detail, organization, and accuracy skills
- Must be disciplined, flexible results-oriented and decisive with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents: Operating Manual, Safety Guidelines, Procedure Manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Must have basic personal computer skills
- Should be familiar with Packaged Perfect QC or similar system.
- High school Diploma or GED.
Rate of Pay: $16.50 to $24.00 Depending on Experience
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Duration: Contract to Hire