Salary: $16 to $30/hr D.o.E.
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 260503
CNC Laser Machinist
For over 30 years our client has set the standard in the laser machining and dicing business in our local community. Their long-term success is due to the consistent commitment from their ownership, now in its second generation. Central the management team, and staff is the consistent focus on quality, customer care, and flexibility.
Strong candidates will have prior experience programming and operating CNC systems. Must have extensive knowledge in reading technical drawings and prints. Ideal candidate must be proficient in using trigonometric and geometric calculations (e.g. angles and degrees). Must have previous experience working in a production environment with tight deadlines. Able to communicate and provide feedback on improving production and efficiency. Troubleshooting lasers and motion control systems is a plus.
Required Attributes and Skills:
- Must have positive attitude
- Must be a great communicator
- Able to work independently
- Capable of working on feet for entire shift
- Proficient in reading prints and drawings
- Inspect articles to verify conformance to customer specs.
- Perform necessary preventive machine maintenance and cleaning
- Ability to operate one machine while setting up another.
- Able to document details of production processes (tooling/parameters/etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
Highly Desired Skills:
- Proficient in CAD/CAM Software Huge Plus
- Write and debug CNC programs
- Knowledge of various materials used in the electronic industry
- CNC Laser experience
- 2-5 yrs CNC experience
- Knowledge of Aerotech Motion Controller a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 Year Technical degree preferred but not required.
Shift: Day 7:30am to 4:00pm
Pay: $16.00/hr to $30.00/hr D.o.E.
Must be US Citizen
- Disability Insurance
- 1 Week vacation in first year
- Paid Sick-time
- Bereavement Time Off