Date Posted: March 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 262069
Customer Service Specialist
Our Client is dedicated to creating a unique and comfortable work environment and providing quality customer service. Our client is one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon for over ten years.
Responsible for providing customer service and performing a variety of tasks that contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office/Customer Service Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Tasks may be shared with others in the department.
- Processes orders and creates paperwork for shipping and billing purposes.
- Takes telephone orders and assists customers in learning the status of orders and return requests in a professional courteous manner using a computer.
- Adds and edits customers in the database.
- Routes incoming calls, multiple lines.
- May prepare invoices for mailing, including reconciling shipment and payment information.
- May make calls and send invoice copies to collect on past due invoices.
- May locate invoices that correspond with checks/wires/credit card information received and apply payments to customer accounts.
- May numerically file invoices in storage file.
- May prepare outgoing mail with proper postage.
- Assists members of other departments as needed.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed.
- Participates as a team member in daily operations including communicating pertinent customer information to the team.
- Works under immediate supervision. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains professional working relationships with all internal and external customers
- Attention to detail, both written and verbal
- Must be able to use a computer for data entry at least six hours per day
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Google Mail and Calendar system
- Must be able to maintain regular attendance in accordance with his/her scheduled work hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attributes of a successful candidate include:
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to effectively handle a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to change directions mid-task while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent task follow-through
- Effective at working in a team environment
- Excellent self-direction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least one year of college; and at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and experience must include general accounting topics such as accounts receivable and accounts payable, and at least one year of general computer experience, including spreadsheet use and word processing, and an ability to type at least 40 words/minute by touch.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Pay Rate: $16.00/hr
Hours will be 8am -5pm M-F
Drug Screening and Background Check Required