Date Posted: May 26, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 262172
Performs basic machining and defined process tasks safely and successfully, in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts according to departmental procedures.
· Operates multiple assigned machines and performs indicated production processes.
· Adjusts basic tooling and the holding fixtures on machines.
· Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
· Performs visual inspection of parts to identify burrs, damage, chatter, color, surface finish, etc. to established standards, as well as verify part compliance against predetermined standards in the part blueprint by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
· Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from the machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks parts in designated baskets or boxes and delivers parts to the next operation.
· Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Leadsperson or Set-up Personnel.
· Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 1 year previous experience in a manufacturing environment; 6 months to 1 year previous experience operating machinery in a production environment preferred.
· Ability to read and effectively communicate in English.
· An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
· Demonstrated ability to use simple QC gauges, indicators, calipers, and other basic precision measuring instruments.
· Demonstrated ability to correctly follow a rule or basic set of rules i.e. following work instructions.
· Ability to interpret blue prints.
· Ability to perform basic shop math (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) computations.
· Basic input skills with computer applications.
· Demonstrate proficient manual dexterity and superior eye hand coordination.
Shift: Day, Thurs-Sunday 5am-3:30pm
Pay: $12.50per hour