Date Posted: September 18, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 264950
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Under direction of the Line Lead, the Custom Packer assists with heavy/fragile products and prepares them for shipment.
- Positive Attitude and Team Player
- Commitment to Providing Quality
- Strong Work Ethic
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
1. Reads factory orders
2. Understands and performs procedures for packaging products
3. Carefully packs product to ensure top quality upon arrival
4. Maintains a good attendance record
5. Completes daily 5-S Tasks (Sweep, Straighten, Sort, Safety, Sustain).
6. Performs other duties as required by management.
- High school education or equivalent
- Previous packing experience
- Basic mathematical skills required
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Must ensure that quality of work is perfect
- Must be comfortable using hand and power tools
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand factory orders
- Must be able to read rulers and understand dimensions and fractions.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds