San Antonio, TX
Date Posted: May 19, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 267538
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
Stone Oak / Large Pediatric Group
Monday- Friday/ $15.00 per hour
The Billing Specialist will work closely with the Revenue Cycle Manager and Senior Billing Specialist to enter accurate code assignments and required billing data elements prior to charges being processed for payment and revenue reporting.
- Reviews and examines entire clinical documentation sheet for accurate and complete diagnostic and procedure information. May be required to request diagnosis or other data from providers when not recorded in the clinical documentation in the EMR (Electronic Medical Record), or if information is incomplete.
- Under direction of the Revenue Cycle Manager or the Senior Billing Specialist, determines correct sequence of primary and secondary diagnoses according to provider documentation.
- Under direction of Revenue Cycle Manager or the Senior Billing Specialist, applies knowledge of ICD-9-CM or ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and modifiers to all provider coding and billing assignments.
- Answers coding questions from staff and identifies and corrects errors as needed.
- Interacts with physicians and peers face-to-face, by telephone, and in writing in a professional and productive manner.
- Analyzes and evaluates data with reference to standards and considers alternatives.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Enter charges from paper superbills in the event of a power failure or directly through the Practice Management System.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education: High School Diploma AND (2) years of medical billing experience.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Commercial Payers.
- Knowledge of medical computer software.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend the CPT and ICD.9, ICD.10 manuals.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and management.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and proactively engage supervisor and coworkers when needed.