Sets up and Operate CNC machines in order to produce the required parts for pneumatic cylinders and manifolds. Cuts and machines rods and barrels for use in the assembly of full range of pneumatic cylinders. Operates various specialty machinery, i.e. tube cutter, tube deburrer, tube polisher, rod saw, flat press, and roller burnishing machine.
- Performs complex CNC machine setups
- Ability to read, write and modify programs for the CNC Lathe machines
- Machines production components to critical blueprint tolerances
- Machine piston rods on CNC Lathe
- Machine various parts on CNC milling machine
- Machine production parts on manual lathe and milling machines as required
- Set up CNC machines to produce production parts to drawing specifications
- Clean and maintain production equipment as required
- Perform first piece inspection to drawing specifications
- Changes tool off sets to maintain dimensions per production drawings
- Reads inspection equipment in both inch and metric increments (caliper, micrometer, depth gage, Last word indicator, pitch micrometer etc…)
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type rod from stock rack, sets speed and length into rod saw and cuts rod. Presses flat on rod and checks dimensions to ensure accuracy.
- Base on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type tube or profile from stock rack and sets up required machine accordingly. Cuts material and checks dimensions to ensure accuracy.
- Verifies conformance of all components to specifications.
- Uses various types of roller burnishing machines to finish piston rods.
- Washes rods in cleaning solution to prepare for assembly.
- Deburrs tubes and profiles and polishes as required.
- Washes tube or profile in cleaning solution to prepare for assembly.
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate components required for cylinder order (construction kit, rod and tube).
- Assembles cylinders by using various hand tools, assembly fixtures, adhesives and lubricants.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as required
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Knowledge of hand tools and the Metric system.
- Knowledge of inspection tools
- Able to interpet G –code programming for Fanuc controllers.
- Familiar with metal materials specifications and applicable DIN and/or ANSI.
- Knowledge of basic machine practices and safety standards.
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and machine tools.
- Experience in manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.