Salary: $11hr DOE
Date Posted: September 18, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 272936
The Production Associate will be responsible for many pre- and post-press duties to facilitate meeting printing commitments for turnaround and quality.
This individual will work a first shift schedule (7:30-4) M-F.
- Cutting raw stock carefully and accurately
- Making plates of photopolymer material
- Preparing orders for printing by staging order cart with correct paper, envelopes, plates and other materials; checking carts for accuracy
- Die cutting
- Duplexing paper
- Restocking inventory with attention to accurate and orderly maintenance of stock
- Adhering to company safety policies and procedures
- Assisting with final product cutting
- Applying paper backer to printed materials
- Assessing production flow throughout department to avoid bottlenecks
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to complete basic math tasks (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, calculate yield after training, use a ruler, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Judgment to prioritize successfully
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency with attention to quality
- Ability to maintain regular attendance
- Experience with high speed cutters, equipment, or power tools
- Experience with printing industry a bonus
- Ability to assume responsibility for defined production areas
- Physical requirements include the ability to work at a quick production pace, frequent handling of stock, prolonged periods of standing, visual inspection and differentiation of colors, and occasional heavy lifting.
Starting wage $11 hour depending on experience.