Salary: $13.00/ hour
Date Posted: August 21, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 273419
SAW OPERATOR – 2nd Shift
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assembles repairs, and tests pneumatic, related products for customer applications and stock order to specified requirements
- Cuts and machine rods and barrels for use in the assembly of full range of pneumatic cylinders.
- Operates various specialty machinery, i.e. tube cutter, tube deburrer, tube polisher, rod saw, flat press, and roller burnishing machine.
- Assembles cylinders by using various hand tools, assembly fixtures, adhesives and lubricants.
- Verifies conformance of all components to specifications.
- Uses various types of roller burnishing machines to finish piston rods.
- Washes rods, tubes and profiles in cleaning solution to prepare for assembly.
- Deburrs tubes and profiles and polishes as required.
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate components required for cylinder order (construction kit, rod and tube).
- Using specialty machinery fastens end caps on cylinders.
- Tests cylinders using water bath or waterless test station to detect leaks and insure proper operation.
- Cleans and labels cylinder and attaches applicable hardware.
- Attaches proper paperwork to cylinder and routes cylinder to warehouse.
- Restocks rod and tube racks, as required.
- Repairs or discards defective cylinders, as required.
- Maintains clean work environment.
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type rod from stock rack, sets speed and length into rod saw and cuts rod. Presses flat on rod and checks dimensions to ensure accuracy.
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type tube or profile from stock rack and sets up required machine accordingly. Cuts material and checks dimensions to ensure accuracy.
Overtime may be required for short term or long term duration, as business needs mandate.
2nd shift (3pm to 11:30pm)