Date Posted: July 17, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 273674
Overview of Position:
A member of Quality Assurance department for a Fresno Food Company, an international food and beverage manufacturer headquartered in Fresno, California. This position is responsible for support in the areas of sanitation and related activities in a manner that supports the operations of the organization at the Fresno, CA plant. The shift is from 10pm-6am.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, values and vision of the company.
- Maintains the best interest of the company first and foremost.
- Work with employees of the company in a positive and constructive manner to maintain a professional relationship.Demonstrates courtesy, discretion, friendliness and diplomacy.
- Works within a team environment to share information and help others as needed.
- Responsible for basic sanitation duties including cleaning and sanitizing production equipment such as kettles, liquefiers, holding tanks, processors, coolers and conveyor belts.
- Responsible for cleaning floors, walls and drains and any other Master Sanitation Schedule activities assigned by the Sanitation Supervisor, as well as the proper documentation of these activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the chemical cage in a clean, orderly fashion and assuring that all cleaning tools are properly maintained for effective cleaning.
- Responsible for setting up and executing CIP for all production lines in plant, assuring wheel charts are in place to record temperatures throughout each CIP, chemical concentrations are verified via titration and that lines are verified as thoroughly cleaned with ATP and Allergen swabs.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of all chemical concentration, temperature and swab verification
- Responsible for working with chemical supplier to assure CIP systems are working properly.
- Responsible for training new members of the Sanitation team and coordinating the nightly activities of the group.Must always be available to support team members when questions or challenges arise.
- Responsible for assuring all Sanitation staff are working in a safe manner and are using proper PPE during their activities.
- Supervise staff to ensure proper concentrations of chemicals and temperatures are reached to assure effective cleaning.
- Responsible for flashlight audits used to verify all plant sanitation activities are complete and thorough and to assure all lines are ready for the following day’s production.
- Responsible for assuring ATP and Allergen swab results are good before releasing line back to production
- Working knowledge of chemical safety
- Working knowledge of CIP systems and control panels.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to titrate chemicals for concentration verification
- Ability to comprehend and execute written SSOP’s
- Familiarity and experience in a Food Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to work efficiently, independently or as a team
- Ability to conduct ATP and Allergen verification tests
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred but not mandatory
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Education preferred.
- 5 years of Sanitation experience preferred.
Company offers comprehensive benefit plans that include Health, Dental, Life Insurance, etc... 401K.