Salary: $14 to $16/hr Depending on Experience and Qua
Date Posted: September 15, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 275632
Member of the team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of client’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily payroll operations - gather data from clients and enter it into the system.
- Manage workflow to ensure all client payrolls are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Process client manual checks
- Support clients’ needs by communicating when payroll information is due and banking holidays that affect the normal payroll cycle
- Prepare amended returns when necessary
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Add user/employee/3rd party access as requested
- Stuff client reports and checks for distribution per the packaging instructions.
- Update/add employees per client instructions
- Onboarding & Setup up of Clients and their employees on the payroll system software
- High School Diploma/GED.CPP preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel .
- Working knowledge of payroll software.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field telephone calls from a variety of contacts
- Perform Data Entry
- Perform Order Entry and Management
- Maintain client contact information
- Input and Run Payroll for our clients
- Answer basic client inquiries
- Recognize and build relationships with potential clients
- Maintain general office work-space and supplies
- Provide a variety of general administrative support as required.
- Excellent computer and typing skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction and read job documents with understanding.
- Outstanding Verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable skills and experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel. Is required
- Experience with client contact management and payroll management systems are highly desired
- 5 to 10 years office experience, with a preference for small companies
Schedule; Mon to Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm
Pay Rate: $14-$16 / Hour depending on experience