New Berlin, WI
Date Posted: March 9, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 276840
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR
2 Positions in Manufacturing - MACHINE OPERATOR
2nd Shift 2:00PM - 10:00PM
90 Day Temp-to-Hire
The qualifications for the machine operators are as follows:
- Some CNC knowledge
- Basic math skills
- Be able to multi-task
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
Safety Glasses provided
After Hire: Generous benefits including: Medical / Dental / Vision insurance program; 401(k) programs; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability program; Life Insurance; Holidays; etc. available.
Primary Job Functions
- Confirms Sequence of Operations by reviewing shop orders to determine job specifications and requirements; and by conferring with senior Staff as necessary.
- Operates Machine by positioning and securing stops and guides; by selecting, mounting, attaching and adjusting a variety of attachments; by setting and adjusting controls; by positioning work piece against stops manually and operating machine as directed; by performing routine maintenance.
- Maintains Work Piece Quality by observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction; by taking corrective action as necessary; by measuring work piece dimensions with measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation; by fulfilling work order tracking requirements and accurately filling out required paperwork; by cleaning work area(s), machine(s), tooling and parts as necessary.
Secondary Job Functions
- Prevents Rework and Waste by focusing on the task at hand; by ensuring tools/machines are ready for production; by checking work as required by standards to ensure specifications are being met; and by taking corrective action as necessary.
- Keeps Management Informed by reporting problems immediately to Management verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and further problems.
- Complies with Established Procedures by learning and following all policies and procedures including OSHA and ISO policies to work efficiently and to meet the expectations of the Company.
Common Job Functions
- Contributes to Team Effort by covering for other Staff as needed; by assisting in the transition of new Staff; by following internal policies and procedures; by communicating business-related information to relevant Staff and Management and by maintaining a work schedule as determined by the company.
- Maintains Professional Knowledge by maintaining up-to-date job skills; by proactively improving upon current job-related skills; and by learning new job-related skills as necessary.
- Acts on Constructive Feedback by using feedback from peers and Supervisors to improve performance; and by recommending improvements to Department and Company work policies and processes where appropriate.
- Contributes to a Safe Working Environment by reporting any unsafe condition immediately to Management; by following Company safety guidelines; by wearing necessary safety gear and taking the appropriate precautions against injury; and by properly maintaining equipment as applicable.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the Staff Member is regularly required to:
- stand for long periods of time
- use hands to pick up, handle or feel, and reach with arms
- communicate effectively
- Close vision and the ability to adjust focus are necessary for this job.
- The Staff Member may regularly lift, carry, push, pull or move objects of at least 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment may be noisy.
- The Staff Member may be exposed to air-born debris on a regular basis. Therefore, Staff must wear safety gear and observe safety rules.
- The Staff Member may be required to work beyond normal business hours which may include weekends.
Experience/Minimum Qualifications Needed
- Ability to understand Company policies and procedures, safety guidelines, and general business documentation, forms, and instructions.
- Ability to verbally communicate.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and mathematics.
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding to carry-out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate to management as needed.
- High school diploma or G.E.D preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by management.