Date Posted: November 17, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 278000
SUMMARY/PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Assists in the preparation and evaluation of materials for quality assurance and design engineering purposes. The duties of the materials test technician will typically involve testing of adhesives and composite materials, inspect incoming materials to verify concurrence to manufacturing certifications, applying strain gages to composite materials, and performing fiber volume and resin content testing. The materials test technician will also support the laboratory chemist and environmental coordinator by occasionally performing chemical testing, and collecting environmental samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are NOT limited to) the following:
- Evaluate adhesives and composites for concurrence to manufacturing and customer-derived specifications.
- Evaluate and verify conformance of materials arriving at the company by preparing and testing vendor received material.
- Perform fiber volume, resin content and voice content analysis on composite materials.
- Generate and prepare certified test reports on prepared test documents.
- Prepare composite coupons for testing, by applying strain gages, bonding on tabs, and preparing documents for the machine shop.
- Basic knowledge of algebraic math concepts
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and physics.
- Basic knowledge and aptitude for mechanical tools such as hammers, drills, wrenches, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional shift/weekend work as necessary.
- General level requires an A.S. or B.S. in Science related discipline, with an emphasis on lab related science subjects with 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Senior level requires an A.S. or B.S. in a Science related discipline, with an emphasis on lab related science subjects with 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.