Date Posted: September 13, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 279287
Temporary Weekend Associate Machinist
Summary: Under general supervision, sets up and operates machine shop equipment and produces high quality machined parts using the most efficient method.
- Manufactures parts from engineering drawings, written and verbal instructions.
- Sets-up and operates all standard machine shop equipment and some CNC equipment according to approved methods and standards.
- Checks minor alignments and readjusts equipment as needed during operations to maximize machine output.
- Grinds and/or sharpens standard, special and form tools.
- Produces special tooling, R&D parts using prototype drawings or sketches.
- Monitors equipment to identify mechanical problems and minimize scrap.
- Troubleshoots equipment and corrects minor equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains accurate logs of equipment status, production status and minor problems.
- Collects data for statistical process control.
- May train less experienced personnel.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards.
- Meets all quality, quantity and established manufacturing practices to satisfy customer and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complies with ISO 9001 procedures
- Excellent hand/eye coordination.
- Good mechanical ability.
- Ability to identify components.
- Advanced knowledge of machine tool set-up, machining methods and procedures.
- Ability to use advanced shop mathematics, blueprints, specifications and precision measuring devices.
Friday -- 9 am to 9 pm
Saturday -- 9 am to 9 pm
Sunday -- 9 am to 9 pm