Date Posted: November 10, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 279823
Client in the Visalia/Tulare area is searching for Certified Coders! This is a great opportunity with competitive pay.
- Perform coding for reimbursement
- Reviewing the medical record for accurate coding and assuring compliance with federal/state and other regulatory entities
- Ensuring proper documentation and accurate CPT, ICD, and HCPCS coding validation.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate required.
- Recent relevant work experience
- Completion of a licensed skilled trade, para-profession or practical business knowledge.
- Knowledge and training in the field of medical terminology, typically acquired through a formal Associates degree in medical records coding.
- Able to use and create reports in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Licenses & Certifications: AAPC (Academy of Professional Coders)-CPC or CPC-A Certification; AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association)-CCS Certification; or PMI (Practice Management Institute)–CMC Certification.