San Diego, CA
Date Posted: September 13, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 280750
A very successful SaaS company in Downtown San Diego is seeking a Finance and Business Intelligence Manager.
This is a great opportunity to assist the organization in a key analytical role with the development and utilization of business intelligence, financial planning, analysis & reporting. The mission for this role is to bring better insights and data-driven decisions throughout the organization.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO (and not limited to):
• Work with the CFO and other key individual in the development and implementation of a business intelligence system, increasing employee adoption rates of our BI reporting and analytical tools.
• Manage our financial forecasting process, identify and evaluate business opportunities from what if analysis and deep dives on our customer, financial, marketing and operational data.
• Retrieve, analyze and interpret large data sets using various data and business intelligence tools, in return provide key business insight and financial guidance to senior management.
• Prepare regular financial and managerial reporting to share with senior management.
• Monitoring existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and work across the organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
• Various ad-hoc financial analysis and analytical modeling.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• A minimum of 5+ years experience in a SaaS company within a financial planning & analysis and/or business intelligence capacity.
• University degree in Finance or Business Administration
• Solid experience developing and managing Business Intelligence for similar organizations with a strong aptitude to dive into large volumes of data and make sound conclusions from data sets.
• Posses a self motivated natural curiosity about data and the value it brings to business decision making.
• Demonstrate excellent analytical, financial modeling, planning and reporting skills
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to present as this role may have direct interaction to executive management
• Unquestionable, over the top experience with Excel and industry leading business intelligence applications.
• Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines.
HOW TO STAND OUT:
• Demonstration of your intimate knowledge of business intelligence applications (Tableau, Qlik, Birst)
• Proficiency in SQL
• Master's Degree and/or CPA
• Product pricing experience
WHO WE ARE:
We are a five year old, very profitable and stable organization with our online SaaS businesses surpassing a million daily page hits. We offer above average salary + bonus compensation package, 100% company paid employee medical/dental/vision benefits, unlimited vacation, paid holidays and 401(k) plan. Other company perks include, stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks, BBQ and catered lunches on certain days, surfboards, foosball table, X-Box, video games, in-office massages, in-office yoga classes, casual dress, dog friendly (bring your dog to work with you) and many more. We recently won UT's award as a Top Places to Work in San Diego for the third year in a row!