Fort Lauderdale, FL
Date Posted: September 13, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 281255
System Engineer - FT LAUDEDALE FL - $75-85k
PrideStaff is conducting a search for a System Engineer to work on a long term assignment in Fort Lauderdale Florida.
Our network engineers design, build, and provide infrastructure support for our client’s IT Networks. IT networks allow organizations to communicate and store data securely on a local, national or global scale. Our network engineers select hardware, software and network accessories, and then design the deployment of network systems. Network engineers also maintain the network to ensure its optimization, functionality and security.
Daily activities include but not limited to;
- Answer calls from the Service Desk phone queue and provide first call resolution
- Process and resolve service requests created via email or client portal in ticket management software
- Resolve service requests as assigned or escalated
- General service request review and management
- Work projects as scheduled
- Go onsite to client site as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Service Desk Manager
Desired Skills and Experience
Education Network engineers will have obtained a bachelor’s degree in an information technology or equivalent experience (7+ years). The job requires extensive knowledge of computer systems and networks through professional experience.
Qualified Candidate should have the following:
- Located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Be willing to travel to and between client sites, most of which are in this region.
- Some travel outside of the region may be required from time-to-time.
- Have a working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V and/or Citrix, and be comfortable troubleshooting complex problems.
- Have a working knowledge of Windows server operating systems (server 2003, 2008, 2012R2)
- Have a working knowledge of Windows workstation operating systems (Windows 7,8,10).
- Have a working knowledge of Backup methodology (Veeam and/or Appassure experience a plus).
- Have a working knowledge of LAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS, WINS Active Directory, Group Policy, Firewalls, Switches and networking protocols.
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Office365 experience is a plus.
- Have working knowledge with Professional Services Automation (PSA) software (ConnectWise experience is a plus).
- Be able to work as part of a team, dedicated to providing highest level of service to our clients.
- Candidates will be representing BizEdge to the highest standards at all times.
- Certifications and Credentials
- Must have strong understanding of products commonly used by customers, credentials such as Cisco, Microsoft or equivalent certifications.
- These types of certifications show a network engineer's abilities to successfully design, maintain and secure specific networking systems in accordance to the products’ requirements.
- The ideal candidate understands the value and will proactively keep their technical skills up to date to keep pace with current technologies.