Date Posted: September 13, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 281277
We are recruiting for an Accountant to focus on tax, banking, lending activities, and AP/AR. This is a direct hire position with one of the largest employers in Central Oregon. Do you have existing experience with a CPA firm working on individual and business tax returns, as well as bookkeeping activities? If so, we look forward to connecting with you to discuss compensation, benefits, and retirement plan.
- Prepare and distribute 1099's and required reporting
- Update distribution and partnership draw reports
- Set up tax files and schedules for tax return preparation
- Update amortization schedules
- Bank reconciliation
- Prepare receivable and payable notes
- Maintain debt schedule
- Processes Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Reconciles bank and credit card statements
- Posts journal entries and reconciles A/P and A/R and all Balance Sheet Accounts
- Audits billings of purchases and labor
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports and closes GL and payroll modules.
- Assists in preparing annual reports including retirement and 1099’s.
- Updates GL as needed with new accounts or departments.
- Interfaces with all supervisors and managers in an advisory capacity.
- Asset management
- LLC set up and management
- Attends and participates in appropriate staff meetings
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Other Duties as assigned
- 5-7 years experience in a CPA office or experience filing personal and business taxes is required
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with strong Accounting emphases
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Minimum typing speed of 60 WPM
- Excellent Communication skills, written and oral
- Proficient is using office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, fax machine, copies, internet, letter opener and calculator
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Love working with people
- Team oriented with focus on big picture and company goals
- Mathematical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Problem Solver
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- A proven history of delivering great quality work
Supervision: This position has supervision. The employee does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Working Conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Overtime and work on weekends may be needed. The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Although this position will be in an office environment, at times this position may be required to lift over 50 lbs. The employee will be required to have the ability to stoop, kneel and handle objects for filing.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.