Date Posted: July 11, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 282139
Engineering and manufacturing company in the Oakley area is searching for a full time, temp to hire Materials Engineer. This position is in a fast-paced technical environment and offers opportunity to be part of a revolutionary company well positioned to prosper in the current economic environment. Adaptive, creative, and energetic people seeking a rewarding position will thrive in our atmosphere.
- Strong inter-disciplinary skills and knowledge are required, operating at the interface of metallurgy, strength of materials, solid mechanics, and mechanical engineering.
- Materials Engineer will provide assistance to Development, Manufacturing and Production groups in the fields of metallurgy, materials, processing and properties.
- Provide support in the areas of mechanical behavior, fatigue, fracture mechanics, corrosion, and lifing analyses.
- Communicate with customers at all the stages of programs. Write proposals, prepare design reviews and write reports at different stages of the program.
- Provide support to marketing efforts. Prepare and make presentations at trade shows, technical meetings and conferences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide design, testing, and/or manufacturing expertise for development of projects on high value components.
- Negotiate and coordinate technical requirements with customers.
- Define metrics, process control limits, and plans to demonstrate process capabilities.
- Provide timely technical and schedule inputs for status reports, proposals, and quotations.
- Coordinate laboratory testing to validate application design.
- Oversee completion of projects, including scheduling and routing.
- Other engineering and documentation needs of the business as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least three (3) years related experience in mechanical, metallurgy/materials, or manufacturing engineering.
- Experience as a Project Engineer with related customer interactions highly desirable.
- Experience in automotive, biomedical, aerospace, turbo-machinery, power generation, or nuclear industries is desirable.
- Experience with various analytical methods, including FEA, LEFM based prediction methods is highly desirable
- Candidates must possess a strong desire to work in a highly dynamic, fast growing environment.
- All potential candidates must successfully pass a written aptitude test.
First Shift Hours
Pay Rate Depending on Experience.