Date Posted: September 20, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 282179
THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITY. Benefits and paid time off starts in 60 days. The Shipping Clerk is responsible for preparing and shipping all supplies to customers as well as tracking receipt of product in our 45,000 sq. ft. air conditioned facility.
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for preparing and shipping all supplies to customers as well as tracking receipt of product.
• Gathers inventory items from warehouse storage and for efficient shipment preparation.
• Prepares and packs shipments for customers following delivery ticket instructions to insure correct inventory items are picked.
• Uses shipping software in an appropriate and efficient manner to insure that deliveries are sent to the correct customer.
• Enters shipment into package processing system to prepare shipping label according to established procedures.
• Organizes packages ready for shipment according to established procedures
• Notifies supervisor of any system or production issues that may affect the ability to meet shipping production goals.
• Completes work in an organized and efficient manner in order to meet the shipping production needs of the company on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• Receives and moves products received to assigned warehouse area
• Assists with ongoing maintenance and organization if the warehouse as assigned.
• Performs job responsibilities within established regulatory guidelines (HIPAA/PHI) and reports non-compliant activity to Manager; protects teammate and company confidentiality in all matters of processing documents.
• Two years of shipping functions in a high production distribution facility
• High School Diploma or attainment of a GED
• Must be able to lift packages weighing up to 35lbs. several times a day.
• Forklift experience helpful
• Familiarity with automated office equipment including computers, warehouse systems, copiers, and telephone systems
• Thorough working knowledge of warehouse safety policies and procedures
• MUST HAVE a stable work history with recent relevant experience.