Newport Beach, CA
Date Posted: October 23, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 282614
STAFF ACCOUNTANT WANTED IN NEWPORT BEACH
Direct Hire Position
Salary: $60-$65 K, DOE
JOB # 282614
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
My client is a private equity firm in Southern California that invests in established, profitable middle-market companies across a range of industries. Since inception, the company has raised $900 million in capital across three funds from a single limited partner. They have extensive operating and financial experience, and a history of successfully partnering with owners and management teams to drive growth and create value.
If you meet the below requirement, please submit your resume for consideration.
Responsible for processing accounts payable and all expense reports, processing ADP payroll for small group, maintaining Fixed Assets, and HR administration. This position will also be responsible for assisting the Controller with the timely closing and reporting of the financial statements for all three entities. The Staff Accountant will also prepare a range of analytical and management reporting activities to support and facilitate the efficient back-office operations of the firm.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes all accounts payable and employee expense reports for each entity. Produces weekly check runs for signature and prepares the required annual 1099 filings.
- Processes bi-monthly ADP payroll and prepares journal entries.
- Maintains Fixed Asset inventory through BNA software.
- Responsible for all HR administration including company 401K plan.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries (standard and non-standard journal entries) necessary to close each accounting period.
- Responsible for majority of balance sheet account analysis to support the respective balance sheets.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budgeting and forecasting of the financial statements, as required.
- Assists with the compliance requirements of various government agencies including Japan Sox, as required.
- Prepares schedules and other information to track trending of various expenses.
- Prepares schedules and other information to support quarterly and year-end financial audit and tax compliance requirements.
- Assists the Controller and CFO with special projects as needed.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work related experience including month-end close responsibilities.
- Four year degree in Accounting or comparable work experience.
- Internal accounting experience in Private Equity, a plus
Key Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Sage 100 or other relevant Sage software applications preferred
- Experience with ADP payroll preferred
- Experience with BNA fixed asset software preferred
- Experience with HR administration preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem assessment and problem solving skills
- Strong planning, organization and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge in English usage, grammar and spelling
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Knowledge and proficient use skills of multi-purpose copy/scan/fax business hub machines
Other Key Characteristics
- Customer service orientation
- Professional business casual dress
*** Interview Process***
1. Must agree to take the Watson Glaser 2 cognitive test prior to interview with client
2. Phone interview First
3. Sencond interview with Controller and CFO