Salary: $55K+ DOE
Date Posted: November 17, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 283272
This is a mid-level position responsible for providing directions and support to a production team. Also, responsible for ensuring the team abides by all safety and quality standards. Strict compliance with the facility Food Safety and Quality Management System Policies, Procedure and Work Instructions is required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead people and ensure achievement of plant objectives.
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed Safety, Quality, and HR policies (e.g. Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, and SQF protocols).
- Actively participate in audit activities and ongoing efforts to ensure compliance to internal and external standards.
- Sets clear direction and energize production team to support the plant‘s goals/objectives.
- Provide appropriate information and resources for the team to make decisions and solve problems.
- Foster a team environment by clearly defining and communicating to employees their impact on individuals and team performance.
- Train and develop employees to ensure they can coordinate the line/area in the facilitator’s absence; clearly explain and check to make sure others understand what is expected.
- Build confidence in the employees; provide one-on-one and team coaching.
- Monitor employee progress and provide regular feedback.
- Understand an employee’s difficulties; coach them to reach the required level of performance.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of production activities in the assigned areas.
- Ensure that all production paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Foster team work by communicating with other departments and shifts any information that might aid staffing levels, housekeeping, safety, and/or production.
- Report any food safety issues observed to supervisor/manager.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor; correct as appropriate.
- Respond to after-hours calls for critical issues.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company’s quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provides back-up support for other roles as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability necessary to perform this job successfully:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ related production supervisory/team facilitation experience in a food manufacturing facility required.
- Previous experience in the consumer products industry or food; familiarity in quality and hygiene regulation preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Access).
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work both independently and as a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action.
- Team player and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate, influence, and relate to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity.
- Physical Requirements:
- Regularly lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly climb ladders, and occasionally work at heights of 100 feet.
- Regularly exposed to outdoor/uncontrolled weather conditions.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving parts/equipment.
- Regularly exposed to major amounts of dust.
- Regularly exposed to a moderate to severe noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to chemicals used in the manufacturing process.
Note: Valid Driver’s License required for insurance purposes. Plant Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements, which may change from time to time based on business needs. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.