Date Posted: November 17, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 284577
Customer Service and Administration Associate
Our client was originally founded as a Home Delivery Service in 1970, they have over 40 years of proven success extending brand experiences through over 80 million home deliveries in North America. Now, servicing more than 9 Industries with distribution centers across the US. They offer a diverse work environment where all associates are valued and treated with respect. They empower their associates to ask questions and bring forth new ideas, and to act in an entrepreneurial way. Our client recognizes that our people are our most important asset and will set us apart as the nation's leading home delivery provider. The primary business of the client site in Portland is as a service provider to furniture and home furnishing manufactures. The client site inventories and then prepares for delivery, via a group of Independent Contractors, various home furnishings to families across the Portland Metropolitan area.
While this is an entry-level position, our client offers great training and career advancement opportunity. Once converted to a full-time employee for our client, they offer world-class benefits; 401k investment matching, PTO, Healthcare, etc.!
As the Customer Service and Administration Associate, you will have a variety of responsibilities each day. With a key focus on the needs of the customers much of the day will be spent on the phone taking care of a variety of tasks. As with many multifaceted Administration jobs you will have the opportunity to support the operations team in their daily tasks and enjoy the opportunity to learn how a Nationally recognized leader in logistics functions on a daily basis.
Common Daily Task:
- Key to the success of the company is the ability to understand if they have done a good job of meeting their customer’s needs. A key function will be reaching out to customers who have had recent deliveries and completing a survey to make sure their needs and expectations were met. Each customer gets on call and if the customer does not care to do the survey, you move on to the next customer. This is a very low-key customer focused survey. You can expect to make about 100-150 calls a day.
- Assist with inbound calls from internal and external customers. Each call will need to be properly triaged and supported.
- Assist the operations team with management of logistics functions: Quality Assurance, Processing Paperwork, Filing and a variety of Office/Administrative tasks.
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Previous Customer Service is preferred
- Pleasant and accommodating for customers
- Detail oriented
- Able to use a computer
Tuesday - Saturday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Pay Rate to start: $13/hr.