Date Posted: October 11, 2017
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 284735
Paralegal / Legal Administrator - Wilmington Delaware
Our client is seeking for a qualified candidate for a full-time position as a Paralegal / Legal Administrator in Wilmington Delaware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Provide administrative support to the Attorney and other team members.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails, open USPS mail, routing all in a timely and efficient manner.
- Open, maintain and close client and non-client files.
- Check potential client names to avoid conflicts with current / previous clients; maintain annual list of consultations and referral sources.
- Copy and file a variety of documents including, but not limited to, internal client files, court documents / pleadings, agreements, contracts and bank deposits.
- Transcribe tapes.
- Schedule appointments with clients, court hearings, maintain calendars for Attorney with deadlines and confirm conference room availability.
- Write internal communications and memorandums as directed by the Attorney as needed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Track and bill time to clients for fact checking and other research when ability to do so is demonstrated.
- Become a notary.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventories and schedules for printers, copier usage and service.
- Schedule file closing and document shredding
- Support receptionist and other team members.
- Perform duties in compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remain current in profession and industry trends.
- Contribute to office effectiveness and efficiency by:
- making suggestions for improvement.
- learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Be available for other duties and overtime as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and three (3) years of experience in providing administrative and clerical support to a senior level executive. Two (2) years working in a law firm, the judiciary, or, paralegal certificate or degree.
- Listen, read and interpret documents such as notes for drafting estate plans, petitions, motions, responses, discovery requests, etc.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of legal office operations.
- Knowledge of legal case management practices.
- Proficient with word processing applications such as Microsoft Word or WordPerfect.
- Aptitude with using office equipment including, but not limited to telephones, copiers, scanners, faxes and dictating equipment.
- Computer skills:
- Enter data into computer accurately using software for data entry and word processing.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems.
- Perform repetitive tasks and handle interruptions while maintaining speed and accuracy.
- Work with others in a team environment – be willing to cross train on tasks within the office.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, use hands (type), handle or feel, talk and hear.
- The employee will need to be able to sit, reach with hands and arms, and balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!