Salary: Up to $23/hour
Date Posted: October 12, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 284848
Are YOU seeking an exciting opportunity with a growing company in Logistics? Do you love a fast paced, high energy work environment? Well this is the job for YOU!!!
The position manages the daily activities of a transportation and warehouse operation for order shipment coordination and verification of product delivery. Also is responsible for property management. The manager provides leadership as well as motivating, training, and developing of the internal team.
The Logistics Manager provides on-going training and orientations for personnel to ensure compliance with Company requirements and policies.
- Use well documented corrective disciplinary measures in a timely manner as applicable.
- Maintain an environment of positive development and recognition.
- Coordinate scheduling of personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to receive and distribute products/materials at the facility in a productive and cost-effective manner. Monitor attendance, tardiness, etc. that impact productivity.
- Shipping and Receiving in addition to logistics
- Coordinate the unloading of all shipments using established procedures.
- Verify accuracy of all inbound/outbound shipments.
- Storage and Inventory Control
- Monitors product disposition.
- Assists in physical inventories
Logistics Supervisor/Manager Qualifications/Requirements
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics or a related discipline
- Five years Logistics experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with warehouse management and operations including use and maintenance of equipment
- Knowledge of inventory control management and distribution service operations as it relates to logistics
- Ability to effectively schedule labor and carriers
- Ability to train and enforce company safety programs as it relates to OSHA regulations and company safety standards
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with a diverse workforce
Apply today to be considered for this great opportunity to join a fantastic company seeking the best of the best in logistics management!!!