Salary: Up to $25/HR DOE
Date Posted: November 2, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 284954
PRIDESTAFF is seeking a Production Supervisor to join a growing team! This is a production supervision position that also provides technical support to employees. Will be responsible for supervising, coaching, and directing employees in the manufacturing areas, including work allocation, training, problem solving, evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions. Position will be responsible for daily production goals, various management issues, and dealing with daily production issues as well as process improvements and efficiency. Will support the roll-out of new product and manufacturing processes.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities :
- Employee Supervision
- Assist in the hiring process and new employee orientation and training.
- Perform job related administrative duties (time sheets, reviews, etc.)
- Maintain fair and consistent application of all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate (lead by example) company mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to resolve conflicts; maintain confidentiality; listen reflectively.
- Approach others in a tactful manner; deliver results; manage others constructively and respectfully; follow through on commitments.
- Delegate work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; empowers employees to work independently; provide recognition for results.
- Production Support
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; set goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people and their tasks; develop realistic action plans.
- Aids in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays. Plan and prioritize daily job assignments.
- Identifies training gaps/opportunities for employees. Performs training. Completes training documentation.
- Search out, recommend and help implement process improvements.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Interact with other departments in the implementation of new products, processes, or programs.
- Observe safety and security procedures; determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; self-monitor work to ensure quality
Production Supervisor Requirements:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in shop floor, laboratory, clean room, and office environments (standing and sitting).
- Manual dexterity in order to work with small tools and equipment.
- Experience with MSDS requirements.