Date Posted: October 12, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 284999
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day accounting activities and work flow of accounts payable, special invoicing/billing, fixed asset records, coding and general ledger accounting.
- Work with the Controller to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure GAAP accounting procedures and reporting.
- Recommend improvements to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company’s financial information.
- Comply with federal, state, and local tax requirements by enforcing adherence to tax requirements.
- Work with the Controller to prepare and file sales, business, and property tax reports.
- Work with Controller and other accounting team to expedite their workflow during peak periods.
- Provide positive support to the accounting team by motivating and coaching subordinates to help them exceed their potential.
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies such as Timberline Office and Excel.
- Other projects as required.
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards of accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Construction background a plus