Maple grove, MN
Salary: Up to $14-$17 DOE
Date Posted: November 2, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285071
Prepress Production Art Processor
PrideStaff is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter who is willing to work hard and keep cool under pressure. You will be primarily responsible for the manipulation of supplied artwork to meet a client's specific commercial or promotional needs for imprint on promotional products. This is the perfect opportunity for a graphic or production artist with minimal experience to start a career path at a company focused on employee growth and customer satisfaction.
Prepress Production Art Processor Duties:
- Setting up customer provided copy and logos for Hot Stamping or Pad Printing
- Enter orders and contacting customers with art questions or procure order authorization.
- We offer training and support to ensure your success.
- Read and follow written standard operating procedures to work independently, efficiently with quality and accuracy.
- Work with management and other team members to ensure “a positive customer experience-every-time”
- Able to transition from one task to another for special projects, rush jobs and other work related circumstances.
- Manipulate customer supplied artwork for imprinting on promotional products.
- Revise and/or design customer artwork.
- Layout jobs on templates Proofing artwork is a key component along with Clip revisions of vectoror web image art.
- Communicate progress of work through standard processes and department heads. Artist should maintain quality and styles of the project consistently achieved in work and ensure all processes are followed according to standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Meet all deadlines as determined by order requirement dates and/or trainers or managers.
- Required to learn product line, equipment and file system.
- Excellent knowledge of Corel Draw, Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphic software or the ability and enthusiasm to learn Corel Draw if other graphic programs are in your wheelhouse. basic knowledge of Import and Export file management across platforms. The position also entails tight deadlines and recurrent process change
- Be familiar with converting file formats. Basic layout and design skills.
- Source and file according to standard protocols and manipulate file size to stay within hardware capabilities.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with parties internally externally to ensure for efficiencies
- Knowledge of social media programs and web design a plus but not requirement
- Process time sensitive orders via standard operating procedures and other forms of communication.
- Organize and manage daily orders to meet company goals.
- Should be able to think of ways to increase Create efficiencies to produce the highest quality of images.
- Layout plates by understanding product and equipment and able to correlate product to each piece of equipment it is produced on.
- Learn how to enter orders, proof orders and respond to customers via inbound and outbound calls in order to understand the customer service team responsibilities.
Prepress Production Art Processor Requirements:
- Must use Corel draw
- Experience with print operation is a bonus but entry level prepress operators okay. Will train.
- Microsoft level 1 Basic
- Graphics background with use of Adobe, illustrator, Corel draw and other similar programs.
- Microsoft compliant computer skills level: High
- Detail oriented
- Proficient time-management skills
- Basic Layout and Design Skill
- Proficient at file conversion
- Able to Clip revisions of vector or web image.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Adapt to change quickly.
- Strong mathematical skills
APPLY NOW if this is something you would be interested in!!