Date Posted: October 17, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285438
Multiple, Immediate openings for Material Handlers in the Nashville area. Close to downtown.
Great company to work for and room for advancement.
Hospital/ Medical Supply (temperature-controlled warehouse)
Shift: Monday and Wednesday (5:30 AM until the job is complete), Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (6:30 AM until the job is complete)
The Material Handler is responsible for replenishing product into its assigned stocking location, processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping of all customer orders. Responsibilities also include: Following the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building and wrapping pallets, packing, loading and preparing the orders for shipment.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· 1-2 years of related experience
· 1-2 years distribution warehouse or retail stocking experience preferred
· Ability to be detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
· Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment while meeting established performance quotas and standards
· Enjoys working in a team environment
· Automated or RF (Radio Frequency) warehouse experience is a plus!
· Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (pallet jacks, cherry/order pickers, reach trucks, forklifts)
· Must be able to work standing for long periods of time with frequent stooping or bending and have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Fluent in the English language with the ability to read and write
· Flexibility to work overtime as the business need requires – highly preferred.
Drug Screen and Background Check required