Mira Loma, CA
Date Posted: November 14, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285511
Position Summary: Is responsible for proactive, effective and timely resolution of any outstanding customer issues and opportunities. Provides excellent customer care and support continuously employing a “the customer is ALWAYS first” attitude. Maintains a high level of accuracy, professionalism, courtesy and a positive attitude at all times. Work performance directly impacts Company growth in all markets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as internal liaison with Customer, Sales, and Operations personnel to establish and build stronger relationships with existing customers and prospects. Positively adapts to changing environment, work schedule and pace of work.
- Accurately records and modifies customer data and changes held in company’s ERP system on a regular basis.
- Personifies the attitude (externally and internally) “the customer ALWAYS comes first” when conducting daily interactions with customers, on the phone/e-mail, at the highest level of integrity and service. Translates this attitude into daily workflow and priorities.
- Takes full accountability and ownership of each customer interaction by providing appropriate, accurate documentation and appropriate follow-up to both customer and company management. Utilizes effective research skills and available resources (i.e. websites) to provide resolutions to Client discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Proactively compiles and routes customer feedback to appropriate internal departments and contacts.
- Maintains current and clear understanding of the company’s products, services, and processes for all markets (Rental Uniform Industry, Direct Sales, Imprints, Healthcare, In-Plant Printing, etc.).
- Maximizes sales (up-selling) conversations by appropriately matching products and solutions to customer needs and desires.
- Makes product recommendations for Penn’s entire product line based on current and comprehensive knowledge of its parts and their application and must be able to make decisions for substitutions to competitor’s product.
- Cross-trains to handle all aspects associated with the Customer Support Model (Data Entry, Sketch/Pre-Pro Processing, Quotes, etc.).
- Performs WEBEX and individual customer trainings.
- Supports Sales Team in managing their specific accounts. (Customer late or daily name order follow up).
- Regularly employs continuous improvement techniques and practices in all activities.
- Performs duties in compliance with Federal, state and local laws and regulations and adheres to all company policies and safety procedures.
- Shared responsibility for coverage of switchboard.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Superior, positive relationships are developed and maintained with customers and internal company personnel.
- Customer issues and questions are positively and effectively addressed in a timely manner to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Customer data and changes are accurately entered into the company’s ERP database when they occur.
- Takes accountability and ownership of all customer interactions by resolving them or escalating them to management in a timely manner.
Education: BA in business preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of customer support experience with at least 3 in customer facing roles, such as client services. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
Company Related 3+ years working for a manufacturing company preferably in the
Knowledge: identification products or related field.
Functional Knowledge: Ability to build positive relationships and proactively develop team relationships and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Strong verbal and writing skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers through phone and email, as well as strong listening skills and the ability to ask questions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a high degree of reliability, commitment, tenacity, teamwork, creative energy to achieve success, and excellent time management skills.
- Active interest in professional development.
- Must be flexible and able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle complex customer issues and de-escalate irate callers, and to multitask.
- Excellent track record working with a high-value and demanding customer base.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.).