Date Posted: February 26, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 285610
M-F 8-5 Some Saturdays
This growing International company with an existing manufacturing operation is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician. This is a perfect opportunity for the right candidate.
Summary/Objective: The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong knowledge of foam conversion/fabrication machine operations and capabilities
• Application skills required related to products and services
• Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of machinery
• Ability handle multiple task at once and to troubleshoot
• Use arithmetic to measures
• Excellent oral and written skills as well as the ability to follow instructions , required ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
• Able to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions
• Forklift training required
• Factory Maintenance: 2-5 years
• Technical Capacity
• Ethical Conduct
• Communication Proficiency
• Results Driven
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.