Salary: $14.00-16.00 p/ Hour
Date Posted: November 9, 2017
Job ID: 286517
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Receive incoming shipments, prepare outgoing shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor as well as track usage of sample parts.
• Count items to ensure that the correct number of packages have been received.
• Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities.
• Look through work orders to determine order-picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided.
• Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity.
• Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the appropriate case.
• Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies.
• Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly.
• Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment.
• Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Arrange for a carrier vehicle or pickup.
• Deliver Sets to the Lab for Autoclave cycle.
• Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders.
• Maintain files of shipping records.
• Trace missing or lost shipments.
• Maintain listing of all sample parts held for various evaluations.
• Assemble cardboard containers or pick pre-assembled containers.
• Route products to departments.
• Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers.
• Organize records of goods shipped.
• Maintain record of all transactions in Excel.
- At least 1 year of Shipping & Receiving or Quality Control Experience
- High School Diploma
- Computer literate- Microsoft Word and Excel a must
- English & Spanish
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays p/ year
- 12 PTO days p/ year
About our Client:
Our Client works with an extensive network of engineers, surgeons and hospitals as well as leaders in the medical device industry worldwide. We are a small, effective company that promotes a challenging work environment in a team building and problem-solving atmosphere. Our team takes products from the initial concept stage through the phases of designing, prototyping, testing and commercialization.
They we focus on the development of innovative technologies for medical devices that will not only meet the needs of the patients, but also improve their quality of life.