Date Posted: October 27, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 286808
Our client is looking for a Process Engineer for a position in Cranbury, NJ.
For this position the candidate will be responsible for the metal deposition on heat-sinks and sub-mounts as well as process development and product maintenance of optical components.
Process development of metallic thin-film coatings on sub-mounts and heat-sinks for soldering applications of high-power laser-diodes
- Process development and product maintenance of optical components using IAD
- Development of in-depth knowledge about company specific process parameters
- Duties will include day to day process sustaining activities, driving continuous improvement projects, and working with development group for new product/process development
- Ability to manage projects, draw correlations from complex process interactions and present results in a concise fashion required
- Creation of part programs, manual processes and program documentation
- Provide system and machine technical support as well as machine operator training
- Improving of existing manufacturing processes for enhanced yield, cycle time, and quality
- Knowledge of SPC concepts required and six sigma experience preferred
- Candidate should have excellent problem solving and analytical skills and be familiar with deposition or semiconductor fabrication processes and tools
- Must work independently, in a team for larger projects and have a proven track record of leading teams in problem resolution
- Strong organizational, planning, documentation, communication, and decision-making skills
- Experience in development of lean manufacturing strategies
- Experience with SAP a plus
- 3+ years hands on experience in IAD, IBD, PVD, or similar technology in an optical coating or semiconductor manufacturing environment
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or related sciences.