Date Posted: October 30, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 286997
3rd Shift Slitter Operator
Performs a variety of activities involved in the overall running of the production facility. Primary responsibilities are, when following the finishing schedule, to constantly monitor all phases of the slitter support group, to maintain productivity, and quality, To maximize waste reduction efforts in order to ensure that continuous improvement goals are achieved or exceeded. Other responsibilities include following all safety procedures and practices during all production activities. Ensure crew is following environmental, safety and housekeeping standards and regulations.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the slitter machine
- Verifies and inspects that the slitter is producing quality product.
- Operate a Walker-Rider
- Identify each individual roll coming off the slitter with the proper pre-designated number representing the web location.
- Carries out all verbal and written instructions.
- Completes all paper-work and data entry is completed accurately.
- Monitors deviations in materials and running conditions; makes corrections with crew assistance; and reports deviations to proper supervisor.
- Participates as part of the crew in following environmental, safety and housekeeping standards and regulations.
- Performs all 5S activities as assigned in the time frame provided per procedures.
- Performs other duties as required, including assisting in preparation and packaging.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Person.
- If serving as the Lead Person for the Distribution Center, please see Lead Person Job Description for additional duties and essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have experience with a slitter machine
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of each machine station prior to obtaining helper status.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use basic computer system’s hardware and software
- Must have experience on a Walker-Rider
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with various levels of plant personnel.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
7PM - 7AM
Work: Monday - Tuesday
Off: Wednesday - Thursday
Work: Friday - Sunday
Off: Monday - Tuesday
Worked Wednesday - Thursday
Off: Thursday - Sunday