Date Posted: October 30, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 287108
Pediatric Dentist – Direct Hire – Smyrna DE
Our client in Smyrna DE is seeking Pediatric Dentist.
Pediatric Dentist duties may include:
The Pediatric Dentist is responsible for providing compassionate, high-quality dental care to our patients.
- Provide leadership and direction to Associate Dentists and team members in all areas of pediatric patient treatment
- Diagnose dental conditions and plan oral health care in consultation with patients and parents
- Ensure treatment plan is reviewed with each patient/parent and informed consent is granted for treatments rendered
- Provide great customer service by offering same day care when possible and ensuring parent/patient satisfaction
- Educate patients and parents about improving and maintaining oral health care
- Appropriately administer dental anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia to limit the amount of patient discomfort experienced by patients during procedures
- Obtain diagnostic pre-operative radiographs for every procedure
- Local Anesthesia must be limited appropriately dependent on patient weight
- Effectively and safely administer behavior management techniques to enable delivery of dental care especially for uncooperative children
- Develop treatment plans for patients consistent with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines
- Explore opportunities for hospital or sedation services
- Adhere to all federal and government regulations, including the state dental board rules and regulations, HIPPA and OSHA regulations
- Adhere to the office Quality Assurance Metrics as indicated in the New Dentist Orientation Manual
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure training and development of staff by identifying training needs and establishing initiatives to meet company/individual objectives
- Conduct behavior in a manner that is professional and courteous to all patients, parents, and office staff at all times
- Consistently portray a positive working attitude that fosters a pleasant work environment
- Maintain a consistent schedule in response to patient need
- Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
- Majority of work performed in a clinical environment.
- Requires availability for extended hours during peak patient periods.
- Hours may change to meet the business needs.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- DDS/DMD from a dental education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and completion of a residency from an accredited postgraduate Pediatric program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to organize work and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously
- High degree of initiative, accountability and independent judgment
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: computer literate
- Mentoring Associate Doctors and staff employees on developing their skills
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- A current, valid license to practice dentistry in the state where providing patient care (License must be in good standing)
- Malpractice insurance (in place before start date)
- CPR Certification (current before start date)
- NPI provider number (in place before start date)
- DEA number (application submitted before start date)
- CDS (in states where applicable)
- FDH (in states where applicable)
- Other certifications as required by the state
- Experience in the provision of dental care to children
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!