Date Posted: January 8, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 287150
PrideStaff, a national staffing company, is seeking an AutoCAD Operator. We have a client in the Bessemer/McCalla area looking to add an experienced AutoCAD Operator to their team.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the enjoyment of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests. With PrideStaff, you will be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing and Recruiting agency that works for you!
Candidates interested should have experience designing in a construction environment and have used AutoCAD 2010 or newer.
- Under supervision, prepare construction system submitter drawings required to support Electronic systems.
- Prepare electrical systems drawings such as floor plan layouts, riser diagrams, electrical interconnections drawings and installation termination drawings.
- Receive project assignments from project engineers or operations manager.
- Prepare submitter documentation. (i.e,. data sheets, battery calculations)
- Maintain project drawing files, and associated records and documentation.
- Tracking & maintaining as-built drawings.
- College Degree and 3+ years of relevant design experience as described above
- High level of computer competency.
- Self-starting work ethic and ability to work with minimal direction to achieve project submitter deadlines.
- Capable of interpreting project specifications and delivering a compliant design package, accurate bill of materials, and other technical detail drawings.
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit (Building Information Modeling-BIM software) and Autodesk Inventor (3D mechanical design software). Experience in one or both preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial/commercial electrical design for AC/DC systems necessary to support protective relay and/or communications equipment.
- Knowledge of protective relaying schematics and/or prior control building or communication shelter design experience.
- Proficient in version 12 or higher of Auto Cad.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with clients and staff.
- The ability to interpret project specifications and deliver a compliant design package, accurate bill of materials, and other technical detail drawings.
- The ability to perform design quality reviews and work with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working Knowledge of Building Material is Preferred.