Salary: $18-25/HR DOE
Date Posted: March 23, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 287270
Maintenance Mechanic - Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Mechanic
Client in the Visalia/Goshen area is searching for qualified Maintenance Mechanics.
- Maintain and repair all production equipment: pumps, pasteurizers, high pressure pumps, evaporators, dryers, churns, valves, baggers, etc.
- Maintain and repair all support equipment: boiler, air-compressors, ammonia compressors, thermal storage units, condensers, vacuum pumps, ammonia systems, air conditioning units, waste water meters, conductivity meters, water meters, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of and experience in plant maintenance operations.
- Handling of chemicals for support equipment operation. Chemical testing of boiler feed water, condensate, cooling tower water, glycol system, plant process water.
- Daily utilities reading.
- Fabrication and manufacturing of equipment for production needs; product and process piping, sanitary equipment, steam lines, chemical lines, pneumatic lines, etc.
- Documentation of all schematic and diagram changes to keep plant record current.
- Trained and qualified as a first responder to ammonia (or other chemicals) leaks and spills.
- Must be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision in all key areas.
- Responsible for reporting on a daily basis work orders and activity reports.
- Responsible for all work being done in a timely fashion and done properly.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of company tools.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot problems and be persistent until a solution is found.
- Report immediately to foreperson or supervisor of any damage, irregular activity, or unsafe conditions concerning equipment.
- Follow SQF, GMP, and HACCP policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and working rules.
- Must have the ability to get along with co-workers, management personnel, customers, vendors, and employees in accordance with the company policies and working rules while ensuring a harmonious and conducive work environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute towards a quality environment.
- Excellent regular full-time attendance in support of company objectives.
- Use initiative and judgment in making decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Equipment to be worked on
Pumps, pneumatic values, AC drives, motor starters, separators, instrumentation, welding, grinding, butter equipment, fans, high pressure pumps, electrical troubleshooting, powder packaging equipment, PLC controls, gearboxes, pneumatic system, boilers, ammonia compressors, ammonia system, glycol system, cooling towers, air compressors, pasteurizers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum3-5 years of experience in a maintenance setting involving electronics, instrumentation, refrigeration, electrical, and general mechanical.
A high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
Excellent written and verbal skills.
Basic computer skills required.
Simple math reasoning required.
$18-25/HR - DOE (depending on experience)
Depending on our clients shifts vary - majority are 2nd/3rd shift we do have some 1st shifts.
If interested please apply with detailed resume to be considered.
Office: 3741 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277