Salary: up to $16 /hr dependent on experience and bac
Date Posted: December 28, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 288066
Temp to Hire - 90 days
- Machinist responsible for running non-reinforced extruded flexible plastic (PVC) tubing
- Requires experience in tooling change-overs and set-ups.
- Preferable plastics manufacturing background.
- Attention to detail
Nite Shift: $14.40-$16.40 / hr commensurate to experience
Hours: Monday 9:00AM to 5:30PM; Tuesday-Thursday 5:00AM to 5:30PM
Once on-boarded, great benefits package.
Job Title: Extrusion Operator
Reports To: Production Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Sets-up equipment (includes extruders, pre-extruder and post extruder equipment) for
extruding plastic tubing products; runs extruders for conformance to product
specifications and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following. Additional duties may be
assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Manufacturing Manager.
· Reviews job requirements and installs proper tooling onto the production line
such as dies, pins, screen packs, vacuum plates, rollers, bushings, etc.
· Ensures proper material is being adequately fed into the extruder, and makes
changes if necessary.
· Ensures all post extrusion equipment is in place and set-up to produce product
· Starts-up the extrusion process by setting appropriate temperatures, air pressure,
profile, vacuum, line speed, etc. Adjusts and manipulates machinery as necessary
to achieve desired results.
· Aligns post extrusion equipment (vacuum and open air tanks, pullers, cutters and
reelers), and leads the startup process of stringing the tubing.
· When directed by Supervisor or Group Leader properly constructs Quality
Assurance chart by entering the correct customer and product information paying
close attention to special instructions for deviations from standard tolerances.
· Inspects extruded products for conformance to I.D., O.D., wall thickness, length,
roundness, and color specifications in accordance with standard inspection
· Frequently communicates with Extrusion Process Inspector to ensure process is
not drifting out of allowable range; makes adjustments when necessary.
· Examines extruded products for surface defects such as scratches, pitting, gels, or
other cosmetic defects.
· Documents Lot and Material Traceability numbers on Production Traveler.
· Ensures completion of all necessary production paperwork, including releasing
· Properly retrieves and stores all tooling such as dies, pins, vacuum plates and
· Ensures that company tools are used properly, cared for and put away when not in
· Assists the Extrusion Process Inspector and/or the Extrusion Utility Worker when
· Maintains cleanliness of tooling, equipment and work area to ensure accuracy and
· Relieves Extrusion Process Inspectors for lunches and breaks as directed by the
Shift Supervisor or Group Leader.
· Makes boxes and/or product labels when needed and/or directed to by the Shift
Supervisor or Group Leader.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or twelve months
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in
situations where various degrees of standardization exist. Ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· This position requires certification as a fork truck driver.
· There are no travel requirements for this position.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk;
sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee
is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move more than 55 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving
mechanical parts and extreme heat, and occasionally to wet and/or humid conditions, The noise level
in the work environment is occasionally loud. Eye protection is required.