Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $60K-$75K depending on experience
Date Posted: November 9, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 288476
$60,000 to $75,000, depending on experience
Manufacturing company in northwest Fort Worth
Long term opportunity with good benefits including group health, dental, life insurance, long term disability, and matching 401k
Friendly professional work environment
Monday through Friday
- Experience with 460/110 VAC and 24 VDC panel design, electronic design, motor control, computer programming, micro-controllers, power electronics, and wireless technology in an industrial environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, a related field, or an advanced degree.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Expert knowledge of electrical codes such as UL508 and NEC.
- Expert knowledge of PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers), HMI’s (Human Machine Interfaces), control components such as sensors, VFDs’ (Variable Frequency Drives), timers, relays, limit switches, encoders, motor control devices, transformers, and AC, DC, and PLC control.
- Able to interface with customers, sales, mechanical engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing on specific project assignments.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Not required but it is a plus if you have experience with SolidWorks Electrical or Promis-e.
- Innovative self-starter, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to take and pass a drug test.
- Design the control systems for industrial equipment.
- Review customer design requirements, specifications, layouts, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, performance, and cost requirements of designs or applications.
- Apply complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in hardware and software design.
- Produce accurate drawings, including:
- Control systems design for new and existing products
- Electrical assemblies
- Panel layouts
- Schematic diagrams
- Bills of materials
- Select and requisition necessary material as per specification and design.
- Program PLCs, setup parameters of controls devices.
- Meet timelines given for project and product related assignments.
- Problem solving / troubleshooting.
- Manufacturing support on controls related topics.
- Liaison between customer and engineering.