Date Posted: March 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 289379
Monday - Friday
8am - 3:30 PM
We are looking for an experienced industrial spray powder coat/painter to prepare manufactured fabricated metal parts for coating. Must have experience with manual (not automated paint line) painting processes and prefer someone with powder coat painting experience.
- Prepares (masks), coats and finishes metal and/or other surfaces.
- Operates operate nozzle type electrostatic coating equipment to spray industrial paint finishes on metal and other types of surfaces.
- Inspects painted units for runs, debris, sags, and uncoated areas. Coated parts must be uniform in mil thickness and conform to specified color.
- Inspects and replaces components on electrostatic guns to ensure they are at optimum performance.
- Pulls boxes of powder paint to meet the scheduled requirements for the production shifts.
- Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from spray heads, and hoses.
- Keeps manufacturing area clean and clear.
- Touches up defective areas of coated items.
- Assists other operators as needed.
- Assists others in obtaining solutions to quality and production issues.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Must possess the knowledge, skill and ability to apply coating principles and practices; locate, identify and correct problems such as; fisheye, poor adhesion or rough coatings.
- Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use and read measuring instruments such as viscosity testers and thickness gauges.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to interpret various specifications and standards to determine color, coating thickness, applicable mixing instructions and any other factors that affect the finished product.
- Must possess the ability to use tools and equipment that are needed to perform coating operations in an industrial setting.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have good listening and communication skills.
- Able to work well with others to be a good team player.
- Powder Coat experience is a big plus.