Salary: 70-85K DOE
Date Posted: March 16, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 289428
Production Supervisor - Shift Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising all personnel and equipment in the processing and packaging departments under the direction of the senior supervisor and/or production manager. The operational responsibilities are to be performed in an efficient and safe manner while meeting all quality parameters during the course of the shift. Ensures product in all departments of production meets specifications.
- Manages inventory during shift operations.
- Reconciles shift inventor movement daily.
- Directs forklift drivers on use of product and product warehousing.
- Directs operation and sorting for production so finished product is within specification.
- Selects correct semi-finished product to make finished goods with guidance from the Senior Production Supervisor or Production Manager.
- Checks correctly graded and certified product matches purchase order requirements for packaging.
- Ensures case/box/super sack markings are correct.
- Generates reports for executing and monitoring production for self and as requested by management.
- Verifies correct quantities and sizes of product for orders as needed.
- Supervises production operations so the product is within all specified parameters.
- Keeps track of employee hours worked.
- Ensures all employees adhere to all company policies such as GMP’s, safety, etc. and participates in the disciplinary process when policies/rules are violated.
- Trains reporting personnel on the proper procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Production Management or related field; or 8 to 10 years of Dairy experience
- Five years supervisory/leadership experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing plant.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with HACCP, GMP, CIP/COP, PPE.
- Proven ability to work closely with others to achieve a common goal.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Leadership and people management skills.
- All work, except when performing administrative office work, is performed in ambient temperature and weather conditions.
- Lifting, climbing, bending and reaching required to scope or perform work.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and work extra or flexible hours as needed
Please apply with detailed resume and salary requirements to be considered.